West Ranch High School

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Guidance & Counseling » Summer School

Summer School

Need Summer School? You can now sign up! It is important to determine if you need summer school.  If you have received a grade of D or F in any of your classes, you may need to make up credits for graduation and/or to be eligible to apply directly to a 4 year school.  Remember, colleges require a grade of C or higher in any A-G classes. Still not sure if you need summer school? Touch base with your Counselor, they are happy to help. 
Please Note: Any requests for OFL Independent Study, Mission View or COC made after 3pm on June 8th will not be completed. Students still have the opportunity to take summer school through Hart District (please see link provided). 
Types of Summer School and how to sign up:
Option 1. Hart District Summer School: This is the recommended summer school since it is taught by District teachers and aligned with our curriculum.  There are many courses available for you to make up classes (aka remediation) or there are even some get ahead courses for health, art, practical art and CTE classes. To sign up visit the District Website for Summer School.  You are permitted to take 2 classes via District Summer School.
Option 2: Mission View Charter and Opportunities for Learning Independent Study: If you are not able to attend District Summer school, you may be a candidate for Mission View or OFL Independent Study. Both of these programs require a great deal of self discipline and are highly independent. They will require you to stay on track. If you think this may be a good fit for you, email your counselor and they will let you know the next steps in signing up. Your counselor will start the registration process for you. OFL will then reach out to you via email with next steps for registration. 
Option 3: College of the Canyons: This option is open to students who have completed 10th Grade. This is a great opportunity to experience what a college class is like. Remember, for college admissions, they prefer that you maximize the classes offered to you on our campus and if you decide to take a class at COC, consider taking a course that we do not offer at West Ranch. It will show the colleges your "intellectual curiosity" . Click here for COC College Now website for step by step instructions and access to COC personnel who can help you register.