Wellness Center Coordinator, Nancy Phillips available in a Zoom link from 1pm – 3pm on Saturday, Dec. 12 and Sunday, Dec. 13. Here is the Zoom link:
You can also set up an appointment with Nancy through text or website:
Text 661.505.8866 to set up an appointment with Nancy
WWC Scheduler for Appointment with Nancy
We have created a Memory Wall for Eyob Anbessaw. This Memory Wall will be given to the family. Here is the link to share memories and remembrances.
If you have been affected by this and are going through the grieving process, or are with students that are, here are some ideas to remember.
- Acknowledge, recognize the importance, opinions, thoughts, and feelings.
- Be patient and open-minded. Everyone has a different way of grieving.
- Be available for one another – Listen to them, listen to each other.
- Understand that a range of different emotions is normal.
- Do not minimize your feelings and those of others. It is ok to share them.
- Have them write a letter to your friend and their family.
- Listen to music, take time to journal or use art for expression
- Be sensitive to cultural differences of others and beliefs of the afterlife
- Be mindful that grief can stir up other unrelated feelings and emotions and that is normal.
- Gather virtually. We all need support but must be safe during these difficult times.
- Listen! Listen! Listen! It is not something that you can make ok. The power of just being there for someone is what they need right now.
Beginning Monday we will have counselors, social workers, and therapists available to help support everyone virtually.
We will get through this difficult time by being there for each other.