West Ranch High School

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle


Welcome to the Counseling page!  Use the links to the right of this page to see more Counseling Links and Information.  Staff link to the right has contact information for the Counselors as well as listed in the questions below. We have a number of great videos and resources linked to our website for your convenience. 
Just a reminder that the Counseling Office is closed over the summer. In the meantime, we have the answers to most of your questions right here on our Counseling Website. We hope you all have a fantastic summer! Enjoy your time with family and loved ones! See you in the fall. 
If you are looking to CHANGE YOUR SCHEDULE, please fill out the following form: https://forms.gle/4BQUbDrwyGUBddPp8
Summer School Information. Click here
For COC, CollegeNow information, please check the 11th and 12th
Grade Folders to the right.
Work Permits:  Email Joelle Nelson directly for an appointment: jonelson@hartdistrict.org
The district will issue work permits remotely, by appointment only, (M-F). Once
you have secured employment, please fill out the work permit
application along with the Affidavit of Compliance with Shelter in
Place and have it signed by the employer.  Please email the
application and affidavit and I will set up an online appointment to
finish the process.  Thank you for your assistance with the remote
process while we continue to be safe during this time. 

Some resources to help support you during this time.

-Call 911 if you are in immediate danger to yourself

-Call 1-800-273-8255 (Suicide Prevention Hotline)

-Text “HOME” to 741741 to speak with a trained crisis specialist

-Need help? Want to speak to someone? have concerns or just need

someone to listen? contact: STRENGTH UNITED. Advocates are available 24 hrs

a day. San Fernando- (818) 886-0453 and Santa Clarita Valley (661) 253-0258

(Los servicios tambien estan disponibles en español)


-For more resources visit the West Ranch Wellness Center Website HERE.


Click here for a list of Support Programs in our area.



I am worried about college admissions and what this means for my future. Where do I go to find answers?

Colleges are working on rolling out alternatives for students every day.  As we get word and compile the information, we will send out information to your school email.  If you are unsure about a specific school, feel free to reach out to them directly.  In the meantime, visit the NACAC page who is updating information daily.


Where can I find Colleges that offer Rolling Admissions?

Just click here for a list of many schools that still offer Rolling Admissions.


Click here for the University of California Admissions changes and updates in

response to COVID-19.


Click here for the University of California Testing Requirement for Undergraduates


CSU First-Time Freshman FAQs. Here


Was your Spring Break College Tour Cancelled?

Click here for colleges offering virtual college tours.


Have questions about enrollment at CSUN? Contact Student Outreach and Recruitment.


 Questions or concerns about enrollment at CSUN this fall? Click here.


 Click here for SAT and PSAT-Related Coronavirus Updates

 Click here for ACT Updates.


Transcripts- I need my final transcript to be sent to the the College/University I will be attending this fall. How do I request it? Click here for more information.



Make sure to stay connected! Follow WR on Instagram or Facebook.



What is my Counselor’s email address?

Ms. Ferry A-CA: jferry@hartdistrict.org

Mrs. Warford: Cb-Gh: tfox@hartdistrict.org

Mrs. Reynoso: Gi-Ki: creynoso@hartdistrict.org

Mrs. Woolridge: O-Sh: jwoolridge@hartdistrict.org

Mrs. Van Amberg: Si-Z: svanamberg@hartdistrict.org



Struggling with College Apps and Information? Don't forget our helpful videos on the 12th grade page
Students Must be Enrolled in 5 classes as per California Code, Education Code - EDC: 46145
Commencing with the first semester or quarter that begins after January 1, 1984, pupils in grade 12 shall be enrolled in at least five courses each semester or the equivalent number of courses per quarter.  If any pupil in grade 12 is required by medical prescription to attend school for less than five courses during the semester or the equivalent number of courses during the quarter, the average daily attendance allowed for that pupil's attendance shall bear the same proportion to one day of attendance as the number of courses in which the pupil is enrolled bears to five or the equivalent number for the quarter system.
However, this requirement shall not apply to pupils enrolled in regional occupational programs, regional occupational centers, courses at accredited postsecondary educational institutions, independent study, special education programs where the pupil's individualized education program establishes a different number of courses, continuation education classes, work experience education programs approved under the provisions of Article 7 (commencing with Section 51760 ) of Chapter 5 of Part 28, or any other course of study authorized by the governing board which is equivalent to the approved high school course of study.
Please Note:
The option to have a Period 1 class is a privilege and students who request a Period 1 class are expected to meet the following criteria:
  1. At least a 2.0 GPA in the previous semester
  2. Excellent attendance and Behavior
  3. Students currently enrolled in a P.1 class earning more than 10 tardies and/or absences, will not be allowed to take a P.1 class the following semester.
  4. The availability of Period 1 classes are very limited, therefore students may not get their P.1 request.
  5. Period 1 classes are not guaranteed for siblings.
  6. We cannot guarantee a per. 1 for both semesters.