COUNSELING ANNOUNCEMENTS AND NEWS
Grade Folders to the right.
For College of the Canyons, Canyons Promise, click on the 12th grade folder.
Click here for SAT and PSAT-Related Coronavirus Updates
Visit the Pathways To my Future Page for information about upcoming college events.
Click here for the University of California Testing Requirement for Undergraduates
Department of Rehabilitation(DOR) General Services Video.
11th Grade United States History Requirement Changes
Beginning with the class of 2027, the US History course requirement for graduation can only be met by successfully completing a high school US History course. College US History courses cannot be taken in lieu of the high school US History course to meet the high school graduation requirement.
Credit / No Credit Option
In order to take a class for Credit/No Credit, the following criteria must be met:
- Student must be in 11th or 12th grade.
- Student must be on track for graduation.
- The class being taken for credit/no credit cannot be a class that is required for graduation or college admission.
- One course only per semester may be taken for credit/no credit.
- Request Form cannot be completed retroactively.
- Form must be completed by the 20th school day of the semester.
- Form needs to be completed each semester, it does not apply to the entire year.
If this is something you are interested in, please speak with your Counselor.
West Ranch welcomes College Admissions Representatives on weekdays during lunch. Representatives are welcome to view availability and schedule visits using RepVisits (https://CounselorCommunity.
Make sure to stay connected! Follow WR on Instagram or Facebook.
- College Admissions WEBINAR for Students and Parents. Visit the 9-11 grade folders to the right to view the video.
What is my Counselor’s email address?
Ms. Ferry A-DOM: [email protected]
Mrs. Warford: DON-JON: [email protected]
Mrs. Reynoso: JOO-MEI: [email protected]
Mrs. Woolridge: MEJ-SAM: [email protected]
Mr. Gimber: SAN-Z: [email protected]
Mrs. Bacon- UC/CSU Counselor: [email protected]
Some resources to help support you during this time.
-Call 911 if you are in immediate danger to yourself
-Call 1-800-273-8255 (Suicide Prevention Hotline)
-Text “HOME” to 741741 to speak with a trained crisis specialist
-Need help? Want to speak to someone? have concerns or just need
someone to listen? contact: STRENGTH UNITED. Advocates are available 24 hrs
a day. San Fernando- (818) 886-0453 and Santa Clarita Valley (661) 253-0258
(Los servicios también están disponibles en español)
Hart District Warm-Line Request- For any student that is stressed, feeling down,
or in need to talk one- on- one to a social worker.
Community Resources Guide. Click Here.
-For more wellness resources visit the Hart District Wellness site.
-For more resources visit the West Ranch Wellness Center Website HERE.
- Search HS Approved Courses as well as Community College