Parents » Student Enrollment

Student Enrollment

We are delighted that you will be joining us.
Our enrollment hours are Monday –Thursday, 8:00a.m. – noon.
A parent must be present at the time of enrollment.
The state of California and the William S. Hart Union High School District have set the guidelines that we must follow when enrolling new students. To expedite your enrollment, please be sure to provide the information requested below—please note that all documents must be original, no copies will be accepted.

• Proof of residence is required**-you must live within the West Ranch High School attendance area or submit an Intradistrict Transfer Request and wait for approval; proof of residence is required in either case.

• Legal documentation of birth—birth certificate

• Unofficial transcript from previous school

• Withdrawal grades – for mid-term enrollees

• Most recent IEP if Special Ed student

• Proof of up-to-date Immunizations -- New California state law as of 1/1/2016 On January 1, 2016 a new California state law requires ALL students must be immunized, you will no longer be able to sign immunization waivers because of personal beliefs. The only exemptions will be for medical reasons, per licensed physician verification. Section 120325 of the Health & Safety Code is amended to read: Exemptions from immunization for medical reasons. Section 120335 The governing authority shall not unconditionally admit any person as a pupil of any secondary school, unless, prior to his or her first admission to that institution, he or she has been fully immunized. PLEASE REMEMBER: California state law requires that prior to being allowed to attend classes ALL students entering a California high school should have completed the following:
o Tdap Pertussis—booster minimum of one dose on or after the 7th birthday (new state requirement)
o DTP—4 doses, 3 doses OK if one was given on or after 2nd birthday
o Hepatitis B—series of 3 vaccinations
o MMR—Measles/Mumps/Rubella vaccination minimum of 2 are required given on or after 1st birthday
o Polio—4 doses, 3 doses OK if one was given on or after 2nd birthday
o Varicella (Chickenpox)--2 doses

• Guardianship Forms—If the student is not living with parent or legal guardian, Caregiver Affidavit must be completed in our office. Guardian must present picture ID along with proof of residence. Legal guardians must show court documentation.

**Proof of Residency – found at district website HERE
Counselors are not available to meet with students during the summer. Please call for summer enrollment hours as they may change.