• Work permits must be obtained by any student under the age of 18 who has a job.
• Students need a new work permit every time they begin a new job.
• All work permits expire at the start of a new school year and must be renewed even if the student has not changed jobs.
• If a student works without a work permit, they may lose their job and their employer may be fined up to $500 for each day the student worked without an approved permit.
• You can download the work permit application below or pick up a paper application from the Student Resource Center.
• Download and print the “Affidavit of Compliance with Shelter in Place” below for your employer to complete and submit to the Hart District Office. Note: This form will not be required after May 31, 2021.
• Students should complete the information under “Minor’s Information” and “School Information”.
• Parents need to sign and date the application.
• Give the application to your employer to complete their section.
• Contact Mrs. Cambaliza at 661-222-1220, ext. 220 or via email to email@example.com
and schedule an appointment to complete the application process.
Please contact the Registrar’s Office for Applications for Permission to Work in the Entertainment Industry at 661-222-1220 ext. 150 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter Break Work Permit Information
The CCR Department at the district office will issue standard work permits while school sites are closed for the holidays. Entertainment work permits will still be issued at your school sites by the registrar. The process will take place by appointment only. Please encourage your students to obtain any necessary work permits while school is in session to avoid having to drive to the district office.
Appointments will be available only during the following dates and times:
December 20 and 21 from 10 am - 1 pm
December 28, 29, and 30 from 10 am - 1 pm
January 4, 5, 6, and 7 from 9 am - 3 pm
Step 1: Secure Employment
Students need to secure a job before obtaining a work permit.
Step 2: Download the work permit application linked HERE
Step 3: Complete the work permit application:
1. Students are to complete the sections "Minor's Information" and "School Information."
2. Employers are to complete the section "For Employer to Complete" then print and sign their name.
Step 4: Email email@example.com that you are requesting a work permit. The auto-reply message will give instructions on how to set up an appointment. You must have an appointment. The appointment will be at the William S. Hart Union High School District office. 21380 Centre Pointe Parkway, Santa Clarita, CA 91350. Please let the receptionist know that you are here for a work permit when you arrive. Please remember to bring your ID.
3. Parents/guardians are required to sign the form for knowledge and consent.