College & Career Center
CTE Career Pathways are similar to majoring in college, except that you may start your learning experience in middle or high school.
Every student, no matter what their post-secondary plans are,
can benefit by selecting and following a sequence of career related classes
designed for their area of interest.
- A CTE Pathway is a sequence of courses within your area of interest.
- A CTE Pathway will connect your career interests from high school to college and/or career.
- A CTE Pathway is your educational road map guiding you to the high school courses and post-secondary options most relevant to your chosen career destination.
- A CTE Pathway will help you acquire the depth of knowledge and skill linked with specific post-secondary programs that will lead to a certificate or degree and/or career.
- To complete a CTE Pathway, the minimum required course levels are: 1 year of a concentrator followed by 1 year of a capstone.
- A CTE completer is a student who takes a concentrator and capstone in the proper sequence: IA, IB, IIA, IIB.
- Grades of C- or higher are required in every course in a CTE Pathway sequence.
Additional WR Daytime CTE Courses:
- CTE Media/Photo I A/B (Concentrator course)
- CTE Honors Engineering Des/Dev PLTW A/B (Work Based Learning course)
- The remaining courses needed to complete the CTE Graphic Design (Media/Photo) or CTE Engineering Pathway sequences are offered through the CCR Extended Day program which meets at various campuses after school.
** All CTE pathway courses must be completed in the proper sequence and with a grade of C- or greater
CCR Extended Day CTE Career Pathways
- Courses needed to complete these pathways are offered after school
- Courses meet at various sites throughout the district
- Students may enroll in an after-school course that is offered at any school site
- We offer pathways in many different areas, including Animal Science, Design, Visual and Media Arts, Education, Emergency Response, Engineering, Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation, Networking, Patient Care, Public Safety, Auto Tech, and more!
- Visit www.pathwaytomyfuture.org for CCR Extended Day pathway sequences and schedule
Career Pathways - An Inside Look
District Virtual Pathway Open House - Videos
Junior High Outreach Event Photos
PATHWAY FAIR - 2019 Outreach Event at Rancho Pico Jr. High
HEALTH SCIENCE/PATIENT CARE PATHWAY
FILM/VIDEO (MULTIMEDIA) PRODUCTION PATHWAY
COMPUTER SCIENCE PATHWAY
FOOD SERVICE & HOSPITALITY (CULINARY ARTS) PATHWAY
BUSINESS & MARKETING PATHWAY
DESIGN, VISUAL, AND MEDIA ARTS (PHOTOGRAPHY) PATHWAY