Career & College Readiness
Welcome to West Ranch High School Career Pathways!
What are Career Pathways?
Career Pathways are similar to majoring in college, except that you may start your learning experience in middle or high school.
Every student, no matter what their post-secondary plans are, can benefit by selecting and following a sequence of career related classes designed for their area of interest.
- A Pathway is a sequence of courses within your area of interest.
- A Pathway will connect your career interests from high school to college and/or career.
- A Pathway is your educational road map guiding you to the high school courses and post-secondary options most relevant to your chosen career destination.
- A Pathway will help you acquire the depth of knowledge and skill linked with specific post-secondary programs that will lead to a certificate or degree and/or career.
For information on Pathways or (CCR) Career and College Readiness Courses, please see:
West Ranch Career & College Readiness Specialist
* Mrs. Kraidman's office is in the Career Center (Located between the Library & Counseling Office)
Current Daytime Pathways offered at West Ranch:
Courses needed to complete these pathways are taken during the day at West Ranch
(They are part of the student’s regular schedule)
- Arts, Media & Entertainment Sector
- Engineering & Architecture Sector
- Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation Sector
- Information and Communication Technologies Sector
- Marketing, Sales & Service Sector
Additional Pathways are available as part of our Extended Day courses after school:
Courses needed to complete these pathways are offered after school
** Courses meet at various sites throughout the Wm. S. Hart Union High School District
** Students may enroll in an after-school course that is offered at any school site
- Agriculture & Natural Resources Sector
- Arts Media & Entertainment Sector
- Education, Child Development & Family Services Sector
- Patient Care Pathways offered:
- Patient Care - Allied Health Pathway (* Offered @ WRHS after-school)
- Patient Care - Dental Assisting Pathway
- Patient Care - Medical Assisting Pathway
- Patient Care - Pharmacy Tech Pathway
- Patient Care - Sports Medicine/Athletic Training Pathway
- Hospitality, Tourism & Recreation Sector
- Information & Communications Technology Sector
** Click on the links above for information and an application
PATHWAY FAIR - 2019 Outreach Event at Rancho Pico Junior High
HEALTH SCIENCE/PATIENT CARE PATHWAY
FILM/VIDEO (MULTIMEDIA) PRODUCTION PATHWAY
COMPUTER SCIENCE PATHWAY
FOOD SERVICE & HOSPITALITY (CULINARY ARTS) PATHWAY
BUSINESS & MARKETING PATHWAY
DESIGN, VISUAL, AND MEDIA ARTS (PHOTOGRAPHY) PATHWAY
WILLIAM S. HART UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT - CCR DEPARTMENT