2023 AP Exam Information
2022-2023 AP Exam Registration Policies and Procedures
Register and Pay for Exams here: https://user.totalregistration.net/AP/53864
West Ranch High School provides the opportunity for WR students to take AP Exams in the May testing cycle. WR utilizes a website called Total Registration for all AP registration and payment. No physical money transfer will occur on the WR campus for AP Exams. WR has specific policies and procedures regarding AP Exam Registration. Please see those items outlined below. These will be re-iterated to students and families during the Fall and Spring Exam registration videos which will be released during the school year and shown to students. Registration links can be found at the bottom of this page.
AP Exam Registration Policies:
Fall 2022 AP Exam Registration Dates:
- October 1 - October 23 at 11:59 pm (Regular Registration)
- October 24 - November 6 at 11:59 pm (Late Registration)
- November 6th is a FIRM deadline. There will be absolutely NO AP Exam registrations after 11/6.
- Reimbursements for canceled exams:
- Canceled Exams before 11/622 = full refund minus $4
- Canceled Exams between 11/7/22 and 3/5/23 = $62 refund
- After March 5, 2023, there will be absolutely NO REFUNDS on any AP Exams, regardless of the cancellation reason.
- AP Exam fees REGULAR registration - $106
- AP Exam fee LATE registration - $116
Students who are taking AP Government and/or AP Macroeconomics must register and pay for the exam during the Semester in which they are sitting in the class.
For example, if you are taking AP Government in the Fall, you will register and pay for AP Government in the Fall.
If you are taking AP Physics C: Mechanics or AP Physics C: Combined:
AP Physics C: Mechanics - You will register and pay for your Exam in the Fall
AP Physics C: Combined (Mech/E&M) - You will register and pay for Mechanics in the Fall, then you will register and pay for Electricity and Magnetism in the Spring
- Full payment is required when registering with the Total Registration website.
- **$ If a student qualifies for the Free/Reduced Lunch program the reduced exam fee is $26, apply here. Once this is approved, you can pay your exam fee in Total Registration. As a reminder, you must re-apply for Free/Reduced lunch every school year.
- If you have a 504/IEP and are provided accommodations in class at WR, this does not mean you also have accommodations with the College Board. Accommodation requests must be approved by the College Board via their Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) office.
- In order to apply for College Board accommodations, you must use this form: Accommodations Request Form for College Board or ACT Exams 22-23
- If you have already been approved by the College Board for SSD accommodations, you do not need to re-apply as these follow with you each year.
- Any College Board Accommodation requests submitted via the form above that come after the College Board's January 18, 2023 deadline are not guaranteed to be approved by the College Board by the AP Exam date.
- Some AP Exams will be offered in digital, in-person format only. Registration for digital, in-person AP exams is no different than paper and pencil registration. If your AP Exam is being given digitally, in-person, this will be communicated to you.
- Some exams may be digital this year. Your AP teacher(s) will communicate the testing format with you. Students NEED to memorize and update their MyAP College Board account in order to be able to log into their digital exam.
AP EXAM TESTING DAY POLICIES:
- Tardiness to AP Exams will absolutely NOT be tolerated. If you miss your AP Exam due to tardiness, you will not be given a refund for that exam and you will not be moved to Late AP testing.
- You must come prepared for your AP Exams. You must have a school-issued or government, non-paper ID. NO ID = NO EXAM!
- No. 2 pencils
- Blue or black ink pens
- Watches that cannot access the internet and/or beep
- Permitted calculators (Curious about which calculators you can bring? Check out this link.)
- Rulers or straightedge for Physics exams
- Electronic equipment including phones, smartwatches, fitness trackers, wearable technology, cameras, recording or listening devices, or any other type of electronic communication devices
- Books, reference guides, notes, compasses, protractors, mechanical pencils, pencils that are not No. 2, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters, or colored pencils
- Scratch paper: students are prohibited from bringing scratch paper to the AP Exam.
- Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions.
- You will not be allowed to access your bags during the exam. You will be allowed to eat a snack and grab a drink only during exam breaks. You will place your snacks and drinks in a specific location designated by the proctor.
- You are not allowed to leave the exam room for an unscheduled break
- Any restroom breaks that you take outside of the scheduled break during the exam, will impact your exam timing. You will not get that time back. You must notify the proctor if you need to use the restroom outside of the scheduled break time.
- You must arrive EARLY to your AP Exams. Start planning transportation weeks in advance as buses will not be running before and after exam times.
- If you have two exams back to back on the same day, please be prepared to eat a very quick lunch, use the restroom, and re-sit for your next exam.
- 8am Exams - Students must arrive NO LATER than 7:30am.
- 12pm Exams - Students must arrive NO LATER than 11:30am.
- Arrival Location - TBD
- Late AP Exams are only provided to students who meet approved absence criteria. Late AP Exam dates are communicated to students who are approved to test late.
- Absences for AP Testing dates must be communicated to the AP Coordinator, Mrs. Watanabe, no later than 24 hours after the original exam time.
- Non-Approved AP Exam Absences:
- Family event including wedding, graduation, etc.
- Non-school sponsored athletic event or academic contest
- College visit or vacation
- Approved AP Exam Absences:
- Conflict with AP exam occurring at the same time
- Conflict with school-sponsored athletic/academic event
- Conflict due to a College Board approved (SSD) accommodation
- Illness, accompanied by a doctor's note, provided to the AP Coordinator within 24 hours of the original exam time
*The College Board allows individual campuses to establish their own internal registration deadlines, internal exam pricing, and internal late testing policies. West Ranch's policies are outlined above. Students and families should be familiar with our own policies above before registering for AP Exams. Students and parents have agreed to the above policies when registering and paying for an AP Exam for West Ranch High School.*