Office hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30am - 4:00pm excluding holidays, summer, winter & spring break.
Phone: 661-222-1220, ext. 110 or 111
Email: [email protected]
Location: Main Administration Office, enter near the stairs going to the lower campus.
Daily Attendance phone calls are automatically generated to the primary contact phone number on the student’s account. We are not able to remove a phone number from receiving Daily Attendance phone calls as this will prevent the parent/guardian from receiving emerger.
- Parents/guardians should email, call or have the student drop off a note in the Attendance Office to request an early release.
- Phone calls and email requests for early release must be made at least 30 minutes in advance of the requested release time.
- No student can be released from a class during the last 15 minutes of that period.
- No student can be released from class during the last 30 minutes of the school day.
- No parent/guardian can come on campus during the last 30 minutes of the school day to pick up their student.
- The email, note or voicemail message must include:
o Student’s name- (spelling of student's first and last name)
o Date & Time of Release
o Reason for Early Release
o Name of person picking up the student if not parent or guardian
o Parent/Guardian name
- Release during Student Lunch (12:20pm - 1:00pm, 12:40pm - 1:20pm on Wednesdays):
- Any student without an Off-Campus Lunch Pass must be physically signed out by a parent/guardian.
Clearing an Absence or Tardy:
- A student is marked absent if not present in class after the first 30 minutes of the start of the period.
- A student is marked tardy if the student shows up for class after the bell rings and within the first 30 minutes of class.
o A tardy may be revised to an excused tardy if the student presents a doctor, dentist, or court note to the Attendance Office before going to class.
- Parents/guardians should email, call or write a note of excuse within 24 hours of the absence or tardy.
o Written medical, and/or legal notices should be provided if possible.
- Absences or tardies not cleared within 3 days will be marked unexcused.
- Education Code 48260(a) states in part that “A pupil subject to compulsory full-time education or to compulsory continuation education who is absent from school without a valid excuse three full days in one school year or tardy or absent for more than a 30-minute period during the school day without a valid excuse on three occasions in one school year, or any combination thereof, shall be classified as a truant…”
No Food/Drink Drop-Off
West Ranch High School does not accept food/drink drop-off items for students. The only exception will be a medical emergency (such as Diabetes), which must be verified and handled through the Health Office.
Students can purchase a healthy lunch from the cafeteria or bring their lunch with them
To create and deposit money into a cafeteria account for your student’s use during the year, please go to http://williamhart.healtheliving.net and setup an account.
Forgotten items such as homework, books, backpacks, sports equipment, etc. may be accepted at the Student Responsibility Center (SRC) by the front gate.
It is your student’s responsibility to pick up their items between classes. No items will be delivered nor will the student receive notification from the office about the item as there will be no interruptions during instructional periods.
Items found on campus will also be retained in the SRC. Items not claimed will be donated at the end of each quarter (October, December, February, June).