Good afternoon West Ranch Parents,
The following are events and information for This Week at West Ranch, January 20-24, along with information regarding later events for your planning purposes.
NO SCHOOL MONDAY, JANUARY 20TH, 2020:
Monday, January 20th, 2020 is a National Holiday to honor Martin Luther King Jr. There will be no school that day and offices will be closed. School will resume on Tuesday, Jan. 21st and will be a regular ODD day.
REMINDER OF HOW TO ENTER CAMPUS:
In keeping with our focus on student and staff safety, we want to remind all students and parents that the only way to enter campus is through the main gates located between the Library and the 200 Building. Remind all students to bring their West Ranch ID cards to campus with them as our campus supervision will begin checking these with greater frequency. All other gates will be locked. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
This week, West Ranch ASB is presenting our annual Wildcat Wellness Week! The ASB students, in conjunction with Wellness Center steering committee and our Peer Counseling class, have worked hard to put together a variety of activities, ways to spread awareness, and providing support to all students, especially those that might be struggling.
Groups of students will be wearing neon green shirts. These students represent safe people to approach and talk to even if it is just to sit with at lunch. We want every student to feel welcome and that they have someone to talk with on campus.
On Tuesday, Jan. 21st we will have Caleb Campbell from the Teen Truth organization speaking to our entire student body about good mental health.
We hope this week is just one of the many ways we look to support all our students and promote good mental health and wellness at West Ranch!
ASB will be selling parking passes to 10th, 11th, and 12th graders with a valid Driver’s License, insurance, and valid car registration. Students must also have a completed Parking Permit Form that should have been picked up last week (an email was sent out last week). Photocopies will NOT be accepted. The Parking Passes will be sold on Tuesday, January 21st at lunch only. Make sure students have all documents needed. Limited spots are available.
SPRING SEMESTER ONLY – AP CLASS EXAM INFO:
Only students who are enrolled in AP Physics C-B or AP Economics (because they are 2nd semester classes) can purchase their AP exam for this specific class before February 13th at 3pm on http://totalregistration.net/
Any AP exam canceled through Total Registration must be done by February 21t at 3pm for a partial refund.
THIS WEEK IN STUDENT ACTIVITIES/ATHLETICS:
- NO SCHOOL – Martin Luther King Jr. National Holiday
- Teen Truth Speaker Caleb Campbell – All Students (2 sessions)
- Girls Soccer vs. Golden Valley (All levels at 3:15pm) @ West Ranch
- Boys Soccer @ Golden Valley (All levels at 3:15pm)
- Girls Basketball @ Golden Valley (JV 3:30 / Var. 5pm)
- Frosh Girls Basketball vs. Golden Valley (6:30pm) @ West Ranch
- Boys Basketball @ Golden Valley (Var 6:30pm)
- Frosh and JV Boys Basketball vs. Golden Valley (JV 3:30pm / Frosh 5pm) @ West Ranch
- No planned student Activities/Athletics
- Girls Soccer vs. Canyon (All levels at 3:15pm) @ West Ranch
- Boys Soccer @ Canyon (Frosh 3:15pm / Var. 5:00pm / JV 6:30pm)
- Girls Basketball @ Canyon (JV 3:30 / Var. 5pm)
- Frosh Girls Basketball vs. Canyon (6:30pm) @ West Ranch
- Boys Basketball @ Canyon (Var 6:30pm)
- Frosh and JV Boys Basketball vs. Canyon (JV 3:30pm / Frosh 5pm) @ West Ranch
- Frosh Boys Soccer @ Golden Valley (8:00am)
We are all constantly looking for resources to give our students and parents in regards to supporting teen mental health and wellness. I am excited to give our West Ranch families access to “Cameron’s Collection,” a group of E-books that focus on teen mental wellness thanks to our West Ranch Library. As West Ranch parents and students you will be able to tap into this wealth of information. The collection is part of the GALE eBooks subscription that West Ranch provides to students and staff. Now you will have access from your home or on the go on your iPad. Click here “Cameron’s Collection” to access the materials. The password is wrwildcats.
I hope you and your family find this resource to be valuable.
Let’s have a great week!
Principal, West Ranch High School
Relationships – Rigor – Relevance